Hello, smells musty in here.

I've got an old BSA Meteor (of the Military Trainer variety) in poorly internal condition. There's currently more muzzle energy in my old chap than this gun. Long story short, it's been sat in the corner looking sorry for itself for several months and just yesterday I took pity on it and ordered a few bits from Chambers (factory spring, piston seals breech seal etc).

Now I plan to use it as a plinker, go back to basics and rediscover the 'fun' of airgunning. I'd love to use the peep sight on it but my eyes are no longer up to it so I need a scope for it. As it's a collectible, I would prefer a vintage scope if possible. The problem is, I know sod all about vintage scopes (or modern ones for that matter).

What would you lads recommend I put on it? It needs to be small, lightweight, and doesn't need to have to much mag. More importantly, it needs to be reasonably cheap.

Also, what are the best mounts to use. IIRC the BSA's of yesteryear had odd sized groves for the scope mounts, modern ones making the scope look as crooked as a politician.

Thanks in advance for the advice chaps. Try not to baffle me with your nerdish train spotter type knowledge.