Hi, I've just been reading a few intros and my experience seems strangely similar to others who have spent their lives messing around with airguns. Like many others I have quite recently rekindled my fascination with all things air powered, on this occasion prompted by a move to the sticks and an associated rat problem.

I think I could do worse than just list the various weapons I have owned over the years (as far as my memory will allow) and see what chord is struck with others of a similar age (I'm 51). Deep breath... (in something like chronological order)

GAT gun (177)- Fairly awful "toy" pistol but it was my first airgun (c1971)
BSA Mercury (177)- Nice break barrel rifle, first proper gun (c1973)
Webley Junior (177)- Classic "barrel over cylinder" design, this one was smooth bore and great for plinking with those little steel darts etc (c1975)
BSA Scorpion (177)- Massive break barrel pistol that came with a cocking aid as it was almost impossible to compress the mainspring without it (c1977)
BSA Airsporter (22)- Bought second hand some time after I had sold the Mercury (c1977)
Weihrauch HW35E (177)- Bought new for £50, probably one of the best triggers I've ever tried (c1978)

Around this time I bought a job lot of old guns from an acquaintance. These were in various states of disrepair but I do remember one was an Original 50 and one was an early 20th century BSA (very broken though!)

As other things started taking over from my interest in shooting I bought and sold very few weapons after this period although I did purchase a secondhand...
Theoben Sirocco (177)- Gas spring break barrel rifle. Lovely smooth operating gun but with a weird lock-up problem where the trigger froze occasionally (1984)
and secondhand (broken)..
Webley Hurricane (22)- Cost a fiver (broken) and I fixed it and had hours of fun plinking

After this I sold all my guns over a number of years, (apart from the Airsporter) and generally didn't do much shooting for twenty odd years. However, having moved to the country and suffering from a bad rat problem (they ate through the bottom of my brand new shed to get to a bag of dried dog food!!) I took up arms again

Air Arms S400 (177)- Beautiful PCP but I always wished I'd spent the extra and bought the S410 multishot (2003)
HW 100 (22)- Without doubt the best airgun I have ever owned by a country mile. The design is brilliant and the quality is second to none. And that Weihrauch trigger, wow! (2004)
FX Verminator (22)- Bought for it's diminutive size which I wanted for ratting; the HW 100 is a bit awkward when shooting from a vehicle (used as a hide). A great gun with a high shot capacity (2009)

Lastly some time after our move to the country I got a FAC and although I've never felt the need for a FAC rated air rifle I do own a Ruger 10/22 which I keep for rabbits (which I have in abundance!)

Well I think it's high time I signed off but I hope to be speaking to you fellow enthusiasts soon.

Cheers