I have a really good Walther LGV-Spezial Junior that has a nice well figured walnut stock, but it has a hairline crack running all the way around the grip - just behind the trigger.

This hairline crack will open up a little all the way around when gently coaxed and seems to suggest that the factory fitted wooden strengthening dowel has shrunken away from inside the walnut stock in this area.

The dowel seems to be intact - but now a loose fit inside the stock in this area - but still good and tight where visible at the top where the end can be seen in the usual place just behind the cylinder.

At this moment the crack still closes up tight ( unless provoked a little) but it is obvioulsy fractured all the way through and so does need a repair to keep it together for the future. The crack is a very close fit that cannot be opened up very much at this moment, so it will be quite difficult to make enough space to inject the adhesive

The crack is so fine when closed that it is barely visible, so I am asking if anyone can suggest a good strong and permanent adhesive that will creep around inside the fracture that I can then clamp together when drying to leave an invisible repair.

I have some reluctance (cowardice) to get stuck in until I have researched all the options as I have been told there is absolutely no chance of finding a new replacement, and so I do have some reservations about tackling it if there is a real expert out there that can make an invisible but permanent and strong repair.