I've been on the hunt for a quality CO2 match pistol. I finally found one, a FWB C-25 that appears to have passed through the hands of at least two forum members. It has a great pedigree! (Or it's a Jonah that curses everyone who's owned it....I'll find out shortly)

In the meantime, I've found a Walther CPM-1 for sale in the US in very good/excellent condition with all accessories that I think I can get for $350, shipped. I scoured the web, but I can't find much about this pistol, other than it was a direct competitor with the FWB C-25. It seems that since these pistols are from the pre-internet era, there isn't much on the web about them.

It appears that several members shoot CPM-1s, or even have both pistol. Can you please enlighten me on the relative merits of the pistol? Also, how it compares to the C-25?

I ended up buying the C-25 off this board for a lot more money because this CPM-1 only comes with one gas cylinder, versus two that came with my C-25. Also, the CPM-1 only had a medium grip, and the large grip I need is made of unobtanium. So, for me, the C-25 was a better deal. But from a technical standpoint? I'm also wondering if the CPM-1 might be a better junior/ladies pistol? My son is growing up fast, and in a few years he'll have an air pistol in his hands.

Thanks,

-John