Thread: 10m Match Pistol, non-PCP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10m Match Pistol, non-PCP

Hi Chaps,

Watched the women's comp earlier today. Enjoyed it. It's the first time that I've actually managed to watch any match target shooting on the box. Although some say it's boring, I thoroughly got into it. It must be one hell of a nerve-racking time and you could feel the tension and the sense of occasion. The pressure must be huge and after years of training your dream can be over so quickly. The French lady (I wanted her to win, as I thought she was the least munter-ish, not that I'm shallow, honest), had a slim advantage coming to the very last shot and I assume it was the nerves that got the better of her.

Anyway, due to time constraints etc., most of my shooting these days is at home and I can just about muster up a 12 yard range. I've often thought about using a match rifle or pistol, for their sheer precision and engineering. I don't want to go down the PCP route, so the question is, what to go for?
    What single stroke pneumatics to go for? Do Feinwerkbau, Walther, FAS, Morini etc make such a beast these days? Or am I better going for a classic Feinwerkbau recoilless springer of yesteryear? As I know so little about them, I'd be panicking about getting a good one, as it'd be a keeper. Would a HW75 be up to the mark? And how good is that Gamo single stroke pneumatic target pistol?

All reasoned and well informed views appreciated.
    Last edited by TonyL; 29-07-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!