I have recently treated myself to a Webley Alecto and have to say I am well impressed . I originally bought it for a bit of fun plinking (being until now an rifle only man). However I did a bit of plinking and it was happy to poke holes in cans all day long at over 35 yards, so I thought I would try the clubs indoor 10M range. This is were I discovered a problem. The rear sight seams really narrow and with the painted red dot and black front blade against the black of the Target bull, the sights seem to simply blend in and disappear making consistency impossible. My eyes are not brilliant and I need glasses when using iron sights, but I am not blind either, so I cant believe I am the only person to notice this (am I?).
I am now addicted to 10M pistol, I love it and would really like to find a fix for my sights to help me improve my consistency. Has anyone modified the stock sights with success or found any after market improved replacements?

I have so far painted, using an extra fine white paint pen, the indent around the rear sight and this has made a big difference to its definition (I can post pics if anyone would like to see the result), I am now considering whether to paint the front blade white or maybe drill out the red dot and fit a fibre optic, if I can find or salvage a bit from somewhere. Any other ideas guys?