Thread: Steyr LP10 or FWB P44

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Eric,

I would still suggest that if you have decided to go for a PCP next time then you try to shoot them all and see what type you personally like the best and take no notice of any recommendations that are based on what somebody else may happen to like or currently own.

........ask a Ford man and he will always say buy a Ford......

Every top PCP pistol can give you superb accuracy, but none of them will work for you if you don't like the feel or the fit of them so take your time and have a go with them all and make your own mind up.

Also, take no notice of the 10 year old date stamp on the cylinder nonsense ( other than to be aware of the age as it may affect the price you pay) as this subject has been "done to death" here on the BBS and unless you intend shooting in an ISSF competition this is something that should not concern you or the vast majority of us that likes to shoot target air pistol.

The odd handful of international standard people that this may concern are the only ones that need to worry about a date stamp on their air cylinders - and if they are that good they could probably borrow an "in date" cylinder if it came to it (supposing they weren't already sponsored in some way).

Some manufacturers (eg Morini) don't even date stamp their cylinders unless they are sold in a country (eg Germany) that has a local law that requires it and so common sense is to check the condition of the cylinder (whatever the age) especially it if has been re-filled by a pump rather than an air cylinder as this can cause condensation and contamination - and this is more serious that having a nice date stamp.

It is worth reading this BBS thread about air cylinder date stamps to put your mind at rest on this subject, and there is no point repeating it all over again here when it is such a good and well detailed thread.

Match air pistols are worth whatever the buyer is happy to pay for them, and this is determined by the price they regularly sell for so you can see this for yourself and make your own judgement.

Finally - take no notice of those that rubbish any type when they do not own or use one themselves. A good example is the Feinwerkbau P34 - a pistol that is owned and used successfully by many target shooters right up to and including national level.

Just incase you are wondering I can tell you that I did own a P34 and I was very impressed with it - and NO - I do not have one to sell, so I have no motive for saying this other than to try and be helpful and suggest you make your own mind up on what you see and what you like.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-09-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.