Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
Couldn't agree more.
The point regarding the seal of the 45 rubbing across the face is incorrect. Its actually never been known to fail.
Todd Coopers lasted for years as did mine and the same sealing system is used on the HW40 and all the sudo variants.... never failing in this area.
HW75 8 years old only on its second washer but could frankly have gone longer. Club FAS also sealing the same way...7 years on the same washer. The physics of such design proven beyond doubt.... period!
My own BSA Magnum failed in its first week as did some of fellows at the club. The problem is not the angled breech persay but the flexing washer design. It has the tendency to bend over slightly, either being pulled out of seating on the early models or getting slightly deformed on later models.
Getting pulled out of seat, or deforming....is much more serious than simple wear.

As regard the grip, it maybe fine for some but did not have the one size fits all tendency of the 45 ....hence the many moans.

I performed several mods to mine and other members. On a good day could get it close to a nicely tuned 45 but it didn't stay that way for long.
The cocking linkage nowhere near as robust.
Thus my memory is of a gun that was not so robust, without the staying power.....suggestions of a less well made gun.
Damn shame the 45 couldn't have looked so good though.