Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
German products in general leave me cold. I own many pistols, including an HW45 but I find that I really don't like Weihrauch guns in general. I'd flog off the HW45 in a shot if it weren't for the fact that my uncle left it to me in his will. It has a sentimental attachment even though I really don't like it, finding it ugly, graceless and characterless. But then I find this about German products in general, for instance I have never seen a BMW or Mercedes that I like, and not many Audis. Mercedes in particular are lumpen and ugly slabs of steel, with none of the grace of a Jaguar about them, technically good though they are. It's also true of planes, the ME109 is technically a great fighter plane but has none of the grace or charisma that the Spitfire has. From an engineering and quality point of view, German stuff can be hard to beat but I honestly think they can't make things beautiful.

That's why only around 10% of my airgun collection is German...
Yeah I know what you mean, Just check this out:

http://sportscarguru01.sportscarguru...A-45-AMG-9.jpg

I had to force myself to order one. My heart kept saying "no, stick with your MG Montego" but my head overruled it