I'm very pro international shooting, I've suported it for 40 years, I shoot (for fun & not well) air rifle, but do a lot of air rifle coaching, and my own proper disciplines are 50 mt and 300mt prone, but I have seen it go from ISU to UIT, and now the ISSF which cares not a jot for grass roots, and no its not the NSRA's problem or fault in the UK, but the UK infuriating ones are the British led clique that is manic that the new rules must be enforced ( and are) in the UK when most of the rest of Europe has said , "now hold on this is stupid".

I was one of those that canvassed John Lloyd (NSRA chairman of the air committee) last year to keep the 2013 air meeting to pre 2013 rules and to his credit he sensibly did, but he got a lot of stick in many circles for doing so, but if not 70% of the rifle entry would have failed EC! If they insist on 2013 clothing rules regardless of class this year (I'm uging him again that it will only be for Championship shooters not those shooting agregates) then the entry will crash, our club rifle entry will crash from 6 to one! All young new shooters using club kit who will not enter as the kit is pre 2013.
The NSRA live in the past as do most smallbore clubs, and the ISSF is intent on killing the grass roots being led by the nose for the financial carrot of the Olympics, a money making venture that masquerades as sport.
Thats my last comment on this thread, I'm now off to relax and shoot a 50 mt english match, the pleasures of being retired!
Good shooting