I'm getting close to final re-assembley of the Model 24D, and have made a start on the Hy-Score/6M and was wondering, what lube does everyone use in their match/target springers, both pistol and rifle (as I'm currently building both)...If any??

I've read on a couple of threads that some use moly grease very sparingly on the pressure ends of the springs, some use teflon impregnated oil and some nothing at all.... I believe FWB advise to not lube anything on the 300, only for assembley purposes, as it can cause inconsistencies from shot to shot, if its not there it cant cause the inconsistency.... if I follow this method I presume to assume that all mating surfaces MUST be polished to a mirror for it to work properly/smoothly

So before I go slapping oodles of moly over my spring on the 24D to cut out twang... or spend another couple of hours polishing from the 500 grit I've been using down to 2000grit and a polish with Tcut...... what would you do and why??

And while we're about it.... what would you use to lube your piston seal, and why??

Cheers in advance for any input

Sean