Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
Actually I think you may well find that both of those will cost more to run than they collect.
I agree, but what I am hoping is that a little light is starting to come on. I'm pretty sure that if left to their own devices the politicians will one day decide to introduce legislation over air rifles. My personal feeling is that it is inevitable but still a few years away. Rather than end up with something being forced on us - I would quote the introduction of anti tamper as an example - we the sensible users and the airgun manufacturers should get together to create something that might reduce the likelihood of draconian measures being put on us by a well meaning government. I havn't got the faintest idea of what would work but at this moment in time we do not appear to be doing anything to help ourselves. We were not given the opportunity to discuss AT, it was something that the manufacturers had to introduce darned quick. At least this could be looked at and discussed to see if we could create a register of newly issued air rifles along with voluntary listing by sensible shooters. Something to mull over perhaps, who knows - perhaps we could do something that in the end reduces the need for such things as AT.