FWB 300S that cam in the early 70s and was made into the end of the 90s really even if on order in the end.

This imo was the best massmanufactured springer ever built, very high quality parts and walnutstock on most, even if it is painted originally, they did not choose the best parts or something but i guess there was a reason to choose walnut even for an 10m matchgun.

This aitgun have a special thing, it can be tuned for more Power than what they had, that put it aside over other recoiless springers like Diana 75 (complicated giss system) or Ancshutz LG380 (a very short cylinder to ger a faster locktoime).

The 300s also has a real matchtrigger, better than some PCPs even of today and a lot better than any modern springers, Rekord or CD is good triggers but can't touch the FWB at all.

Here in Sweden we have a limit of 7.4FPE for not having to get a license for a airgun so here it is common as a Maccari spring easy takes it up to that and even some more without it loosing anything.

But taking it up to 12FPE is not possible, the triggerhook will not be safe and probably break.

Some has made them work at 9.6FPE.(but that would then be a licensegun here).
In targetshooting i Think these guns is as good as any PCP in the same Power really, and BR and FT competitions had have a lot of them as they is plenty and quite cheap today.

But in UK, has these old matchrifles any following at all? i mean they can't get the Power you use for FT, and i guess all of you in that game shoots with PCPs not any springers?

Just out of curiosity.