Thread: Short stroked MK 1 TX200.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Short stroked MK 1 TX200.

Yesterday at Atherton indoor range one of the shooters had a short stroked Mk 1 in 177.

The bluing had become tatty over time, and the previous owner had polished it down to the bare metal. It looked very nice. He had also short stroked it and done some other things to the internals, as well as fit a Rowan Engineering adjustable trigger - the post and shoe job.

The new owner was kind enough to let me take a few shots with it.

I was amazed. The lock time was extremely fast and gun hardly moved at all. The Rowan trigger was superb and set up to break like glass. I didn't shoot it long enough to assess accuracy in any meaningful way but it knocked down whatever I pointed it at. It was so smooth to shoot however that ,even in the unlikely event of it being no more accurate for all the work that had gone into it than an unfettled Mk 1, I would buy one like it tomorrow if I could.

I love my Walther LGU, but this TX put it to shame.

I had never heard of a Mk1 being short stroked before. Does this come as a surprise to anyone else?

The TX is now at the top of my list for next gun to buy. I'll probably have to settle for a MK3, but I will then find someone to try and get it something like the Mk1 I shot. I will also get a Rowan trigger for it when funds allow. It was a revelation.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 20-11-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.