Hi,
just got back into a rifle and I've just got a BSA Lightning XL.
Don't know much about the gun yet but as I've had a few rifles over the decades this was just the right price in .177 for doing a bit of bunny hunting and target shooting with my daughter without worrying about the finish like I used to with my Air Arms 200.
I want to tune it to the legal limit and am looking at a V-Mach kit having done a bit of research into the best available.
Considered gas ram but it doesn't hold as much promise from the comments I've seen although it does appeal still if someone has a good experience with one to offer in its defence.
Looking at porting as well having played with many a cylinder head and high power engine over the years so if this is feasible any advice would be gratefully received.
Also what is with the silencer/shroud?
It will get a Weihrauch Moderator soon enough but I took the shroud apart to see what's in there and found nothing apart from a very hacked up looking plate of lead wrapped around the barrel between the barrel fitting and the shroud support.
I can only assume this has been done by the previous owner to help with recoil but cannot see how it really helped and reducing the chamber space would have made it louder.
Going to use H&N FTT for hunting with looking a what is most consistent and reliable.
All advice gratefully received and if you know any bunny or pest control opportunities in the Redditch direction please let me know.
Thanks
Mark