Have many of you seen the August AGW yet?

The usual excellent Technical Airgun ones from Jim; this time three articles - one on crossover and a very, very interesting one on pellet release pressures, where Jim's going to be looking at different efficiency levels for the different calibres next.

Can't wait!

BUT......The article on the "thumb up" style of hold / trigger control. How many of us shoot a springer thumb up? I suspect many as, as Jim says, it's an excellent idea for less strain and more precise trigger control. But, this month Jim looks at how having the thumb in this position affects recoil / surge. The findings then showing that surge is actually increased, through the thumb being springy, absorbing recoil from the first cycle, but helping to fling the action forward on the surge. The difference is not as marked as, say, comparing recoil and surge with a tight and soft hold, but definitely there.

It's quite spooky how Jim sometimes seems to read our minds. I'm sure that a few springer peeps may have wondered about the effects of thumb up themselves. I know I have, but then do nothing with this germ of an idea. Whereas Jim fully embraces the thinking and does an in-depth study, backed up with scientific measurements and facts.

Probably why I LOVE that synthetic thumbhole stock on my 77 so much!

Nice one Jim!

And highly recommended reading for any springer enthusiast.