Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
It seems to be quite a new thing Tac - maybe over the last 5-10 years. Often newcomers to the sport, jumping in with both feet but no real depth of knowledge.

Imagine how long you would last at something like a classic car club and continued to called the camshaft the "valve bumper" even after the correct terminology was explained.

You could almost forgive an idiot reporter on a local newspaper, who has absolutely no knowledge of firearms, calling the trigger a "trigger switch" but there's no excuse for the holder of a FAC to do the same. Then of course, there's the guy with black tee shirt and camo trousers who been paint balling a couple of times and does a bit of airsoft thinks it cool to just call it a 'switch.

I know we all got to start somewhere and probably make plenty of mistakes along the way, but it seems rather strange that anyone should persist in calling an important component the wrong name and believe it doesn't matter.
Hi All.
So some call em Heads, tips ,I call them heads ,so what,. What you all want to do is pick on something a bit more important than your pet hate.
Now my pet hate is people that refer to my firearms as my WEAPONS, now according to my firearms certificate I am allowed to have in my possession ,FIREARMS /RIFLES [for whatever use], no where where does it say the WEAPON may be used for what ever where ever. Nor do I have permission to buy a WEAPON. If y'all want to do some educating of Newby's the Press and people general ,tell all yer mates to stop referring to the Firearms As WEAPONS , and maybe you will do something useful for a change..