Hi Everybody,

I'm hoping someone on the forum might be able to help me out. I bought from auction last week (the David Swan Collection, Newcastle) a Haenel Modell 33 Junior and have collected it today. I've been after one of these rifles for a while and am very pleased with it - especially having seen a 'gilly' one in a gun shop which was very, very highly priced.

I have read up about the history of the gun as a military trainer and have done some basic research. I note, however, in Hiller's book that these rifles require a specific size of BB (4.45). He advises that "A cheap supply of shot may be obtained by buying BB sized shotgun pellets. A bag of these should last a lifetime." When viewing the aforementioned 'pricey'/incorrect one for sale in a gun shop I asked if they could get me some BB's or appropriate shot and they first quoted a very high price (£100) for a bag of 1000 (apparently the only quantity they could be bought in) and also advised me away from the 'shot' option as they said that the BBs may be misshapen and would block the barrel. I declined to buy either the gun or the ammo!

However, now I have managed to get my hands on one of these rifles I wondered if any members either have any of the right sized BB which they would be willing to sell me or could advise me in the direction of where I might be able to find some.

Thanks in advance

Olly