Thread: refurbished Theoben Sirocco Classic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

refurbished Theoben Sirocco Classic

Hi Folks, just thought Id share my refurbished Sirocco with you..
    I bought this a couple of years ago in beat up condition, and i finally got around to fixing her up.
    I sent the action away to Colin at MAG and he did an absolute bang up job of polishing and bluing. I went for the blue over chemical black because every old theoben I ever saw had really nice bluing so I figured it was good steel it was worth the few extra quid.

Being impatient, I also bought the Best Fittings charging kit, so I could get shooting as soon as it was rebuilt. Its worth noting that some older rammers have a different thread for the schrader valve than the adapters that come with it... I have Severnsrider to thank for the heads up on that. He had been in talks with Best Fittings and they have produced a new adapter for the charging adapter. Anyone considering purchasing the adapter should take this into consideration and call Best Fittings before ordering. [BTW my gun is a March 198 Sirocco Classic serial TB4134]. Best fitting sent me the new adapter and it fits perfect. The Best Fittings kit is good because it has a quick release which allows rotation when pumping so you wont pull the gun off the bench. Pumping is simple and very easy, hardly any effort at all. I screwed the adapter into the gun before attaching the hose - the Sirocco is also easy because you can access the charging hole without taking the gun out of the stock.

I have made a walkthrough for the trigger reassembly as this seems to be a little covered subject for these triggers. The trigger is the same as a Webley Omega. I believe the trigger is the same as the one on the Siroccos which have the push tab within the trigger guard.

When it came to setting the power, these are the results I got. Bear in mind that this is a Pre HE model and is under much less pressure than the later HE models.
    30 pumps - 3.1 fpe
    35 pumps - 6.5 fpe
    36 pumps - 6.6 fpe
    40 pumps - 7.7 fpe
    45 pumps - 8.9 fpe
    50 pumps - 10.1 fpe
    55 pumps - 11.2 fpe
    These results were with 14.5g superdomes.

I hope this is of some use to anyone with an old pre HE Theoben. These are great guns and Im really looking forward to getting her new legs stretched.
    thanks for looking
    D
    Last edited by thisisdonald; 05-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    Donald