Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
In US we have pistol qualifications with 22 pistol that use mostly two handed grip. There are 4 levels of qualification. Only the third level is one handed. International competitions are all one handed. In some ways it seems funny really. Isn't the object to hit the target and I was given two hands?
Using both hands produces a more stable hold and is better for less able shooters, particularly where speed is required and target shooting accuracy is not, which is why it is taught to military and police, but for a precision shot (not the domain of military and police!) it brings the shooter too close to the sights and results in an imprecise sight picture. For precision, a perfect sight picture is preferential to a more stable hold, any good level target shooter can shoot far tighter groups one handed with a decent stance and the pistol held at full arms length.

With the pony club which shoots air pistol as part of pentathlon, children under a certain age (I think 12) are permitted to use both hands, yet in coaching them we discovered that even though they may struggle with the pistol weight they produced far better results shooting in a target stance with one hand!

The LP53 was intended as a centre fire trainer not a .22 trainer, which I presume is why Predom built and suplied it for the Polish army, my LP53 bought new in 1973 was purchased to practice centre fire, and it had more recoil than the TOZ 36 I was training for!

If your technique is good the LP53 is very accurate indeed, if its not the recoil will punish you.

I think at one time the Walther factory had a licence deal with Predom, I thought to build police pistols, but I suspect there may have been some liason with the LP53 copy but I don't know any detail, but I'll try and find out.

Have Fun
Best regards
Robin