Hello, I have a 300bar 7 litre cylinder fitted with a MDC valve about 15 months old. When it was a week old I took it back to the dealer that I purchased from because the knob was loose on the spindle and didnt feel right, it came back with a note stating that there was nothing wrong with it.
On to now, no matter how slowly I crack it open the pressure shoots up and I have to shut the valve off very quickly, then open it to complete the fill. Open as slowly as possible and feel it open and nothing happens then all of a sudden there is a loud click as if something releases and the pressure comes up as if I have turned the tap FULL ON, so far ,apart from once, I have managed to catch it before it has overfilled the rifle.
Getting older and my grip is not so good and I am getting really p*ss*d off taking a chance everytime I fill up.
So the question is, is there a different valve available that will trickle the air in??
Yes I have tried a restricker in the hose but it seems that the restricked flow affects the valve and it locks up, then becoming so hard to turn that it is uncontrolable and snaps open at 'full' pressure.
I really would appreciate your input.
Thank you very much.
Cheers.
Geoff.