Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
One hell of a trip, Graeme, and such a wonderful demonstration of the many fine and generous characters we meet through our boingy little toys.

If only airguns were more mainstream. This little trip of yours would make a fascinating instalment in a series of Airgun programmes, hosted by James May as you recently mentioned.

Loved that buggy that you brought to The Bash, crammed to the gunnels with dummy, loads of guns and other associated goodies!!
Glad you enjoyed the road trip story, Tony... It was epic, even by my standards. Aye, there is indeed such a great bunch of people out there, "under the radar" that many folk seldom/never encounter.
When it comes to the media and anything associated with airguns, it is invariably portrayed in a negative light, usually due to the the small proportion of pond-life who perpretate various kinds of misuse with them . It's the same story to a great extent with the motorcycle fraternity. I've met some brilliant folk at rallys, various travels and social encounters as I'm sure you and many others will have experienced!

Aye it would be great to engage James May in the production of a series of television programmes regarding Airguns because there is a huge vein of material that could be tapped concerning the history and vastly different aspects, engineering, fairgrounds, sporting competitions, bell target etc. I suppose it's a case of initiating some kind of approach to involve him somehow.

I'll certainly make a point of digging out the 'buggy' photies and get them to you!