Thread: Did BSA use walnut stocks on the S models?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    All "S" models had Walnut stocks but Challengers came with the Deluxe Beech stocks (but not all of them had highly figured Beech stocks) which were better quality with proper pistol grip checkering (not the pressed in type on the standard models) and a higher more pronounced cheekpiece (like the ones fitted to Superstar/Goldstars), the Walnut on "S" models can either be bland as hell or really nicely figured, I have read that the later Airsporter "S" before the RB2's came in, had the Challenger style Beech stocks fitted (not sure if this is true so don't hold me to it) not sure if this was a BSA cost cutting exercise, I've never seen a Challenger with a Walnut stock in the same style as the Deluxe Beech but who knows what's rolled out the BSA factory in the past, in the U.S. they even did an Airsporter RB2 crown grade which had a laminate stock but was never offered over here in the U.K.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 19-02-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in