Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
Which of the two is likely to be prove more robust over time?

My guess would be the revolver because it has no moving slide to wear things out.

However, I wonder how the crane and cylinder, and the more complex trigger mechanism might stand up to repeated use.

The SAA certainly looks pretty sturdy. But it's still constructed from pot metal.

How well do you think it will last?
I did contact someone who had posted a strip down of the Peacemaker/saa to ask about build quality and he said it looked well sturdy. Only time will tell, it being new to the party, but i've got all three pellet finishes & wouldn't have the bb versions again after the well known barrel fault. I did have the bb ones & did have the barrel fault (got refunds) NO such problems so far with the pellet ones. The Tanfoglio Witness/ Swiss Arms/ Remington 1911's (all same gun) with all fixes available should last well. I have the TW.& 2 Swiss Arms 1911's. The TW is going strong after 5yrs regular use so bought 2 SArms spares. I shoot a lot and when I find guns I love, I like to have a few of the same to spread the constant shooting load and wear, plus being donor guns if parts are needed. The slides don't wear out btw. GET EM ALL, LOL. Hope this is of some help. ATB. Pete.