Quote Originally Posted by charlie350 View Post
Pete i was looking at your photobucket and on your challanger lighting is very close to my mercury challanger. you just have a bit more figger on the right side of the butt. did you say that was beech or walnut?? i will have to look for a lighting barrel for mine!! do the breech blocks exchange? is the lighting just a pin like my supersport? or have the breech bolt like the mercury challanger? also i have found a cobra strike 635. whats your thoughts on it? i know it was made by BSA and is the same gun as the BSA 635 and would think its a bit rarer?
The Challenger stocks were Beech, mine is but luckily highly figured, I have another challenger stock that is bland as hell, the Lightning barrel and breech block will just swap straight over, the only problem you may encounter is the slot in the bottom of the breech block where the cocking lever pins into can be a different size sometime and may either need a small washer in there to pack it out or may need the links closing up, the barrel pivot pins are the same size whether it is the bolt or pin, the Lightning is basically just a a Supersport with a shorter barrel and silencer and a Maxigrip scope rail.

I've never handled a Cobra strike or any older .25 barreled BSA's, I've only ever had .177/.22 Mercs or Challengers, the older .25's have really tight barrels as they are .243.

Pete