Thread: IMP-ressive

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up IMP-ressive

Just a quick one to say if you are considering an IMP then don't hesitate! A very nice piece of kit. Accurate, powerful, smooth action and firing cycle, lightweight + pointable, nice trigger and quiet! Ticks all my boxes
    It loves mozzies/ RS/ Falcon AP, which is a great lightweight pellet so happy days! Running at ave 608fps (low 605 and high 610 over 10 shots from cold). Took a bit of getting use to because it was (surprisingly) a bit snappy and the trigger was light and nearly single stage. But this all attributes to its accuracy IMO. Feels halfway between a springer and gas-ram IMO. And I do like a gas ram
    Very tight groups at 35yds from a kneeling position (slightly propped). And it's already bowled over a squizza, piggy and a couple of corvids.
    The moddy is loctited on but you can strip the main body to get to the internals, which is good.
    I have to say I'm rather taken with the base '99 unit. I'm usually not one for mid/ small sized springers. But this is a nice (sensible) compromise for sub 12fpe. I mounted a simple hawke 3-9x40 a/o (don't start tinbum) on a low op-mount because of the low beaver tail stock and feels good for quick target acquisition, especially with the shortened barrel.
    I'll put a few more pellets through it and comeback with a full review soon ...
    Last edited by webb22; 28-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'