Quote Originally Posted by W&SP View Post
UPDATE

Post installing new spring, the RE was averaging 11.3 pounds sq ft without any power bands. Since 'running it in' (100 pellets or so), power has dropped to 10.6. I thought that they normally increased once bedded in. Looks like yet another strip to add some washers. It has new breech and piston washers as well as new HDPE sleeve, new guide/TH so all should be OK. Anyway, the previously reported 5 coils chop might not be be right!

The other thing that's annoying is that I cannot get a grouping of less than 1" at 10 yards (hand rested on bag). I've cleaned the barrel, checked that everything is tight etc. By comparison, in the same session / set-up (was checking scopes) my HW97 was doing under 1 cm groups. This is the reason that I re-checked the power - to check it's consistent, which it is. Wondering if I need to re-crown?

It's been fun fiddling with this rifle. I bought it for a song so even with the small amount spent on it, it's still cheap. But I do wish I could now stop 'fixing' and start shooting!
Could be it no longer likes the pellets you are feeding it. You might have to try a few different tins an see which it favours ,)