Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
Maybe this is the way to go ....i have a piece of the same stuff....ill modify and adapt to fit one...
Ive played with the damn thing for years and years, since it was first introduced.
Had about 70 club members in that time all give up on them.
The entire MPl league disowning it....
I originally played Delrin guides and stuff for it 10 years back and found running it completely dry gave some improvement...
The spring and compression ratio flashes over for fun if any oils are in it ....so going Delrin i ran dry ..
....but down goes the power from its potential 6 ftlbs.
I usually make about 5.1 ftlbs instead of its achievable 5.75ftlbs going this way.
I did a mod around 2004 which employed a solid Brass piston weight smaller in dia than stock, then machined up an outer sleeve in Delrin....to form the same dimensions as the stock steel guide...
Allowing weight but also the ability to run it dry....a combination if you like...
I was shocked to get 5.9ftlbs....weight and extra slip of the delrin was what i was after at that time...and this worked in power terms ... but within 12 months i ripped it back out and binned it..
It was still too thumpy...
In final conclusion i believe plain old delrin is best for guide and top hat and being happy with 5.1 ftlbs ..

Found the old Gamo Center a much better gun and ive done some wonderful things when tuning these if anyone is interested.
Do write up your Gamo tuning experiences at some point. I used to have a Falcon, but it was a nasty harsh thing to shoot with an awful grip. I'd be interested to hear how they can be improved.