Thread: Got a tactial rifle itch whats out there?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    For those getting too bogged down with semantics, here, the term 'Tactical' when used in air gun terms these days, refers to the style of stock (black and usually synthetic). This is the interpretation of 'Tactical' to which I believe the O-P is alluding to?

I've a black tactical stocked BSA Scorpion single-shot (which you can't get anymore) in .177, have had it for five years now, and am still so pleased with it that there is no other tactical stocked PCP on the market that I would rather have. For it holds air well (sometimes months pass between it's outings, and if put away fully charged -- as a PCP should always be -- it doesn't drop a single psi while in the cabinet).

Also, when shooting it off my Harris bi-pod, my tactical stocked Scorpion gives me close clover-leaf groupings at 40 yards time after time with AA 4.52s, so imho, you could do a lot worse than a BSA Scorpion (an s/h s/s variant if you can find one, or a mag-fed m/s one either s/h or brand new if not). Hope this kind-a helps? Atb: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 14-10-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: to ad the bit in blue.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.