This was in their auction a few weeks ago. I don't know if there were any bids on it. I called the auction house. They said it had a reserve of £1500 and would pass on offers to the seller. I declined. Now if it had the original pin seal I may have been tempted. I am surprised that they have relisted it at the same estimate though. It would be far better to list it with a lower reserve and get the attention it deserves. I'd love to have it in my collection and write an article about it as I have already mentioned it numerous times in other articles. But it's just too highly priced in my opinion for what it is. Yes, it's a very early piece of airgun history. Yes, it is very rare. But it will just be an ornament at the end of the day. It is unlikely to be able to be of any practical use and by that I mean to at least have a bit of indoor fun with.

Oh, don't forget the 27.6% commision fee. Plus 2% credit card fee if you pay that way.

So if it sold at the reserve the total cost would be not far off 2 grand - plus shipping.

All the best,
Jimmie