Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
Hi Maxiumus
I'd possibly question increased cocking effort.
My 280 pro with a full length barrel could be cocked by a small child. Effortless, though has had a bit of work to smooth things out.
I think the stroke issue is that the 280 is running near optimum where the 34 being made for higher powers is overspecced and will have a lazier cycle.
Having said that, none of my 3 280's lack power in any respect. And they are all .177. When set up correctly, the 280 needs careful attention to keep safely under sub 12
My 280 is a standard length 177, and I have 34's in std and factory carbine length, both 177. My 280 "is a little stiffer to cock than the carbine 34 and no where near as easy as the std length 34 The 280 was bought 2nd hand and whilst it looked near mint on the outside the piston had loads of holes drilled in it. Power wise I struggled at first but found the breach seal was not working although in good order. I shimmed it up and that has cured it but it's just doing 11 with super domes, less with everything else.
The barrel on mine is the same diameter as the 34's and to me the stock is not inferior to the 34 in any way.