Quote Originally Posted by Gunfun View Post
Hi Nuggs, I've only adjusted the barrel twice, first when I first got the gun I spent a couple of hours playing with the barrel adjustment (chronoing it and seeing how tight I could get the barrel to magazine adjustment before it stopped indexing) and the second time about 12 months later so for me it doesn't need frequent adjustment, although some micro wear must take place and need eliminating every so often.

I've used some 4.51mm pellets in my magazines and some will fall back out if you turn the magazine upside down but they don't fall through the magazine (like the magazine chambers are slightly tapered), AA DF's 4.52 fit snugly in my magazines and stay put in the chambers if handled gently.
I haven't hunted with mine nor have I heard it shot from a distance yet so I can't comment on noise levels from this point of view (sound?), all I can say is it is louder for the shooter than my HW100 but much quieter than my AA Prosport springer.

Regards the power setting from new, I imported mine from Holland and with 8.4 gr pellets it was running about 11.8 fpe so it needed adjusting down in power for 10.3 grain pellets but this is very easy to do.

I'm sure you're going to love your new Scout, if you get the 5A make sure you have plenty of air and pellets when it arrives as practising double and treble taps sure uses a lot of both, also be aware you'll need to adopt a new safety catch regime compared to using a multi shot bolt action air rifle. All the best.
Great stuff ,many thanks Mike.