Thread: Crosman 108 Town & Country

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Yes, the blade is positioned to work with the taller front sight such that no adjustment is needed when switching from one to the other.

Those production numbers look like the ones from....... can't remember his name offhand, put out the "Identifying all Crosman" pamphlet ... and they are entirely bogus as far as we could ever tell. The Crosman engineer who worked with me on the 75 Years book tried his best to find any production numbers and, for the most part, completely failed. In short, we could never confirm those number although they, as the story goes, originally came from Crosman.
    I find it very believable that those production numbers are entirely bogus. Given there are no serial numbers I think you could probably use sampling statistics to probably estimate a number. How many of these do you see in a year for sale? As one example, how many Sheridan SuperGrades do you see for sale in a year? How many of both do you see at guns shows? I have followed both guns pretty closely in the last several years. We know how many Sheridans were made, several thousand. In the last 2 years it would have been much easier for me to buy a Supergrade than a T&C. Of course there could be many factors going on: the high value and reputation of a Super Grade may bring more out of the woodwork? But if there were really 75,000 made I have no doubt you would see many more surface. 5000 would be more believable to me and I would bet my money that is too high.
    Last edited by 45flint; 15-02-2018 at 10:26 AM.