Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    I anticipate there to be a lot of responses from the furry lot, but how many will be reasoned, logical responses offering any sort of evidence which the review asked for? We will never know. I'm confident the responses from the shooting community and those that represent us would have been evidence based and hope the importance of shooting for our economy was repeated over and over. I have a horrible feeling we have something coming in the form of more regs but hopefully it revolves around stricter storage and penalties which will not destroy our sport. Until the HO show their hand though, all we can do is speculate. I'm just going to try and forget about it and go out and enjoy my shooting
    Stricter storage ?

If that is the case. well you better find a cabinet that will fit peoples collections as that is the only other way than there is in place now. And by the sounds of it not many people abide by that legislation. Children in the house and the airgun is under the owners bed in a gunslip

If some of the idiots that use the facebook groups have responded then I hope they did not go overboard .I know one that was on the No to the scottish airgun licensing one and he said he would shoot the police if they came to take his guns . He was not going to licence his either . From my cold dead hands he said

There is others on these pages that will openly shoot birds that are not on the general licence or try to shoot rabbits with pistols (there was one on another forum that was banned for posting threads about it ) .

These people can do as much harm when they start misquoting thing then send then to the consultation .

I seriously hope the views from shooter's were factual and not full of bull .
    Last edited by bighit; 13-03-2018 at 08:27 PM.