Following my recent purchase of a nice condition FWB Sport 127, I've been left pondering whether to 'scope it up' or not...

I initially put a wanted ad on the Bbs for some period glass in the hope of an old Japanese Tasco or Kassnar, however I eventually decided instead to use a little Bushmaster 4x32 (gloss finish of course) which I already had. I have to say, the scope suits the rifle and the optics are certainly ok, however due to it being in low mounts, I get a nice blurry image of the foresight hood in my sight picture.

I could, of course, just remove the foresight hood. Maybe high mounts would resolve the problem. That said, I prefer the head/eye alignment which the low mounts give and at the same time I'm loathe to remove the open sights both for the risk of losing them and also because, from and aesthetics/vanity point of view, I actually like the look of the rifle with them on.

So after all that waffle, do you prefer your classic air rifles scoped or left with open sights?

At the minute I'm undecided whether to leave the Bushmaster on my 127 and put up with the image (it won't be used on live quarry in this set-up) or remove it and just enjoy the open sights...