Thread: Favourite threesomes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Is this better?

Gosh - that makes up for it. Truly impressive and the lead piece was in mint condition too. Out of interest, did you buy it new or second hand? To find one in such pristine condition must be difficult. I bought mine in Jan, after a tip off here that one was available at a London gunsmith. It is not quite as spotless as yours but I am delighted with the performance. In fact, I showed it to the son of a friend of mine, who has an HW97 and he was astonished at its power and accuracy, given it is not so far off 40 years old. It is much lighter than the 97, too. I am not certain that there has been much development in the springer technology since the late '70s to '80s.

I was also a tad envious to see your magnificent three 45s. Three questions, therefore:

1 What do you prefer between the FWBs and the 45s? Difficult question, I know.
    2 How does the .20 fare between the .22 and .177? I recall they were extremely fashionable at one stage, in theory at least.
    3 I still have my .177 45, from new. The most accurate pellets in those days were Silver Jets but production, I gather, has alas ceased. What do you find are the best pellets for the .177 45? I am presently using Accupells but they are not as accurate as the Silver Jets.

As an after-note, I also saw you had removed the rear sites but had kept in place the foresights on the FWBs. I also noticed an interesting mount for the scope on the lead rifle.
    Last edited by andrewM; 17-04-2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: after-note