Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
Interesting numbers Chris, almost identical to our club with the same sort of numbers in each discipline.

Bob
Aye Bob, but if a new shooter was looking for a club then it would be extremely rare if we turned them away.

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
I agree with this. I read about it back in 2007 and thought I'd like to give it a go, emailed Pete Sparkes and turned up at Quarry to have a go. The rest as they say is history.
Some people are just wired to get up and go and others aren't. Doesn't matter if it's HFT or hill walking.

I thought the comparision with bowling was a good one too. As for expensive kit, I'm pretty sure Chris Cundy and Kieran Turner shot with S200s a few years back in a magazine article to show the cost of the rifle had very little to do with scores, dare i say none (providing the rifle is shooting properly in the first place).
Indeed we did...i think i got a 58 and K got a 57.......first and second on the day and we didn't really set up the trigger on the s200. Kieran used it as a base for an article when the top notch target rifles started to make inroads into HFT.