knew I shouldn't have listened to you guys; I've gone and bought one! Not the MK2 carbine but a full length MK1. It's quite tatty and will be a project.

Initially it was dieseling and running hot. Just stripped it and it's full of gunk and the springs bent a tad. The spring was massive. I will be changing the internals anyways so trimmed the spring and cleaned it up so I could have a plink. 10ft lbs and boings!

Gave me some fun for couple of hours but on to the project. .....

Who's the best short stroke option? Fitted a tbt short stroke to my prosport and that works really nice. I going to need new spring and guides anyway so I'm tempted with the stroking school of thought via drop in kit.

I don't have the knowledge to alter transfer port or lighten the piston so want to avoid that if possible.

Failing that, 25mm conversion may be an option. What ball park figure would you expect to pay and who does them these days other than vmach. Are the two like comparing chalk and cheese or can you expect similar results? I have never fired a 25 mm one.

I'm in a dilemma as to which tuning route to go down.

Finally , once I have it running nicely, if it's a keeper I may reblue. Who's the main man in Manchester area these days and how do I get hold of them....

Any advice appreciated