I managed to pick up a 54, recently, after a good, long search. It's the standard, base, model and is in very good condition.
I last shot a 54 decades ago and it was the match version, and a large, weighty gun I do recall. I also remember it being very accurate. First impressions of this one are that it's not a big gun, the stock is pretty slim and quite comfortable in the hand. The gun is not heavy but is a little front heavy. My forward hand has to be placed well forward, just catching the front of the stock groove to balance the gun.
Firing manners are very good, better than expected. Recoil is very mild, the gun cocks smoothly and easily also. The only thing I don't like about it is the shape of the trigger blade. Feels strange and uncomfortable. I also couldn't hit a bloody thing with it at first. At 15m with open sights, it spewed FTT, Bisley Practice and H & N Spitzkugel all over the shop. But sweetly.
I finally found a near empty tin of Hobby and tried these. Instant success, with groups roughly the size of my thumbnail achieved. They always were taploader friendly. Will try Domes soon, when I get some. 22s in.
Feeling quite enthusiastic about the 54 already.