Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
I picked up a very clean and boxed 280k about twelve months ago and have been very impressed with it. It's very pointable and accurate. Being carbine and .177 discharge is a little harsher than I would like but I've left it as I got it. I'm sure it can be improved though. Trigger is particularly good.
If the 240 has the T06 trigger I'd imagine it's a cracker but as said here it may be a better investment to upgrade to the 280 and have hunting power.
That said I recall McCoy's discounting the 240 down to £105 at one time. Not a king's ransom in anyone's books...
Dave
I recall seeing the 240 at £105 from McAvoys a year or so ago and seriously considered getting one. I passed as I have two 24's and a 27 (ex- Mark Capitalbee 27). All three are excellent and I have no doubt the modern 240 will fit the bill for a 5fpe plinker.
The issue with new Diana's is often the lack of factory lubrication which is an easy fix.
One thing I would add is that the junior Diana's are actually junior size! They may be physically too small for some adults. .177 is always the calibre for these guns IMO.