Thread: Erma ELG 10 Winchester Rifle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    that's brilliant flint.

One suggestion.. I chopped 2 coils of my mainspring - I figured it was too hard to cock, and maximum power wasn't really a concern. power did drop a foot pound or so, but cocking is now much easier, it's nicer to shoot, and wear and tear must be proportionately reduced also.
    I wonder if this is not a good idea given breakages I have seen? Two incidents of frame breakage on the net. Not sure if anyone else has had a piston rod failure? I like to shoot my guns not just look at then. The reduced power may help preserve it? I tend to agree that power is not really that important here? But the other side, failures get reported, not normality, difficult to know if this is really a problem? Frame failure could have come from abuse or at least not careful handling? Have no idea if this piston rod is typical or more thin in design?

I think I read to make sure the cover screws are tight. I think that cover can certainly offer major support and if these screws did work loose with firing it could certainly be part of the issue?
    Last edited by 45flint; 24-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.