Thread: What do you do to stay fit for shooting?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What do you do to stay fit for shooting?

This is a subject which I have played around with for all of my competition shooting years and I have tried lots of different styles and volumes of training.

The accepted wisdom always seems to have been that a cardio based programme is preferable to a gym based weight training style. I must say that I have tried both and combinations of both with fairly equal success.

I have now, however , been training around 4 times per week at my local boxing gym and I can honestly say that I have never had more fitness, muscle control and stamina for shooting than I do now.

I realise that some (me included) would question how striking a heavy bag and focus mitts may have an effect on finger and knuckle joints but in reality I have had no such issue.

The additional benefit of self defence and confidence in the unexpected physical confrontation is a nice side effect too!

The benefits I have found to my shooting due to these factors have been very noticeable and has given me another fun and exciting sport to try.

I have even started a YouTube channel for boxing equipment, I love it so much.

Called ‘Boxing Superpower’ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wTU-mbZrxXg4l9

How do you train?
    Last edited by Eric fwb 65; 15-09-2019 at 11:36 AM.