Thread: Sherdian vs. Benjamin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sherdian vs. Benjamin

Hi, I've been comparing my pumpers lately.
    Lots of shot strings, of which I cannot share a few on here: some of these older guns need a release valve
    In short, out of Blue Streak, Super Grade, Benjamin 347, Heirinkan Mod A, Innova, Victory,
    my Innova's seem to be the most efficient, followed by the Super Grade and Heirinkan. My Crosman Town & Country 107 will have to be tested soon; some parts are with ped atm (thank you ped!), as the pump arm link hole was almost chewed open and it has had some other work done.

The Benji is the least efficient (power per pump, maximum power).
    It is a very crisp example and pumps well. The trigger was quite bad, miles of creep and very heavy, but I have solved that by polishing, removing the safety plate and not
    pulling the bolt 100% backwards. Just to where the sears engage, then the sears engagement is perfect, whereas you get the creeps again if you pull it right back.
    Anyway. I was actually going to ask you opinions on Sheridan vs. Benjamin.

Although I like my 347, I have more feeling for my Sheridans. Also as a brand.
    I think Benjamin was the first to produce a pump airgun?
    But after that, I don't know if they did much in terms of innovations? And that the Sheridan's are probably a better gun, in terms of power, trigger, handling?
    I hope I don't offend anyone, but it would be interesting to read your opinions.
    Benjamins are beautiful guns of course, I would love to have a tootsie roll 312 one day. But when I go out for a plinking session, I usually leave the 347 on the rack, just to look at.

Last edited by jirushi; 13-04-2020 at 05:46 AM.