Hey peeps,

As many of you will know, I often look in on the Pyramydairblog by Tom Gaylord. You can very often find interesting information on there and it's a pretty good resource to have a good browse through.

Looking at his report of May 14 on the Benjamin Fortitude Gen II, it seems that Crosman have recently poured much attention towards their barrels and I found the following making interesting reading.......

"Crosman learned that reaming the seamless hydraulic tubing they use to make barrels (a very common practice in the airgun industry today) before rifling improves the consistency of the inside of the barrel. The firearms industry has known this for years and there is ongoing discussion whether hammer-forged barrels or reamed, button-rifled barrels are better. That's because hammer-forging does leave the barrel with slight differences in interior diameter that can sometimes be felt by pushing a wire brush through the bore. Both types of barrel are quite accurate and only when you get down to the gnat's eyelash is there any difference to report."

All quite interesting reading methinks. And well worth a read of the whole article (if only I could do links