Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
Cant see why the interest. I love them but cant see why the sudden interest I know you can keep an antique muzzle loading shotgun off licence but does that apply to muzzle loading rifles too? Be a good thing if it causes more retailers to stock black powder. I have a 60 mile drive each way to get mine.
Yup as long as it is an antique and of obsolete caliber. I do not have an FAC but I do have a couple of Martini Henry rifles, a pinfire shotgun, French Gras cadet and a Werndl rifle. I also used to own a Snider, Mannlicher 1886, couple of pinfire revolvers and other muzzle loading shotguns ect. Just ordered a Schmitt Rubin 1889 as well. All of them classed as obsolete and antique. If I wished to shoot them then of course I would need to get a licence.

As for the sudden interest, one word. Boredom. That is why gun prices have gone up. Same reason as to why dog prices have gone up to.

Sad thing is, in a way, the prices may not go back to pre lockdown levels. Good for seller, but bad for poor buyers like me....