Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
Can't agree with that bit, I have shot Supertargets and ordinary ones, that are smooth, quiet and tackdrivers...not powerhouses but there was a reason they were a go to Bell target rifle in their day, when the main opposition was the Airsporter Club.

As I recall my mates was very accurate, but did not like our league control pellet the AA Field.......Will do a test if I get it and post some photos.

As with prewar BSA's practise with the trigger is needed as heavier than a German jobby, but a good one breaks like glass (as does a BSA with work).

ATB, ED
I agree Ed. The early 3rd series had the best triggers IMHO, which I prefer to the double pull as I find the latter spongy. The worst were the sintered units used ironically on the Supertarget. If anything, the Mark 3 was possibly oversprung and I have one that I keep meaning to fit with a lighter or cut down spring to make it shoot sweeter. I used an aperture sighted fluted stock model in the Muscle Power league a few years ago and was very pleased with her match performance.

John