Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
You are right about those nice grips, they do set it off nicely, a bit more in proportion IMHO.

I have also fitted an Aussie seal and some Delrin TbT 'style' guides, polished the spring ends, re-lubed etc. With the 0.177 barrel I am getting around 5.3 ftlbs, but in the last few days have picked up a 0.22 barrel which is running at 5.7 ftlbs with 12.81gr H&N Excite plinking pellets. Not had an opportunity to try it for accuracy at any distance yet, but it is never going to be a target pistol!

Thanks to your efforts at getting the stupid Weihrauch M3 barrel screws out I can easily swap calibres, so much as I like it, I don't think I need to keep my Original 0.22 5G now. It is more nicely made than the HW45, but is bigger and less versatile, and the 45 is almost as powerful on half-cock. If only the POI was the same for both power settings, I would probably make more use of the feature...
Great stuff Mark

Yes those M3 Barrel screws as you know can be a reet PITA I’ve still got a bag full of replacement screws if you ever need any.

My 45 is in .20 calibre which hand on heart hasn’t always been my first choice be that in rifle or pistol format but I’ve owned a fair few confused ‘middle for diddles’ over the years with various findings.

I was planning to probably convert it back to .177 (original guise) at some stage but I’m actually finding it shoots rather quite sweetly in .20 circa 4.7FPE with 13.73grain Exact Diablo same as you mention on yours probably not really a target pistol per se but it’s certainly fun for plinking