Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
I prefer the large Victorian revolver appearance of the WR Non-Concentric Highest Possible to it’s Concentric successor in the same way that I prefer the appearance of pre-war Straight Grip Webley models to the later Slant Grip examples, but the later designs certainly feel better in the hand and are consequently easier to shoot more consistently.
Although undeniably technically advanced, I have always thought the WR Concentric to be a bit of a retrograde step with its smoothbore barrel and fully fixed sights.
Both are nice pistols, but its easy to understand why the Concentric had such a very short production run having been launched around the same time as the much more compact and all conquering Webley Mk1 in the early twenties.

Brian
I just can’t get as excited about the concentric though it is certainly the rarer collectable. It looks like a flare pistol and is a bit cheaper looking? To me this fits into the old observation that once the first gun is made the following gun is usually thought out as a bit of cost cutting? Yes the concentric design is historical but it does make me like it? To me now having a WR the first pistol is iconic, nothing really approaching it?