I noticed this article from the ShootingUK website on the Webley Mk3, and its history, and thought others would like to see it as well.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/feature...%2Fsec%20in%20.

There is an equally good article on the Webley Mk2 as well.

Some of the other articles were also of interest, which are listed at the foot of the page. One of these recommends the tuner, Paul Short.

Reverting to the Mk3, my accuracy testing has revealed that following button rifling - introduced around 1970 - the accuracy much improved. I tested three older Mk3s, pre-button rifling, and they all produced very poor accuracy at 25yds, in the form of 3in groups or worse. In a thread two or three years ago, this view was backed by others, here. On the other hand, it might be that there was much inconsistency in the manufacturing process relating to the rifling for the earlier rifles in that I have heard that some older Mk3s that have been highly accurate, although I have yet to see one myself. Indeed, according to the article, the company boasted tight groups at 40yds by the standards appertaining in the day for open sights.

Rgds
A