Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rabbits

Yes MP - I too suspect it was a bravado type of claim to have a full 12 pounds. I also reckon there's slim chance of coming to the attention of the police on a 300 acre permission unless he's doing something reckless - so little need to panic about it.

I'm not familiar with the gun though - is it generally an over the limit one as supplied?
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

Rabbits = Vermin

Quote Originally Posted by haden 1
    when is rabbit season

In response to your original question rabbits have been classified as vermin due to their increase in numbers over the years and to the amount of damage to crops and ground therefore it is ok to shoot them at any time of the year along with any other species classed as vermin on the land that you have been given permission to shoot on and don't forget the farmer has allowed you on there for a purpose to control his vermin.....for free I take it you have insurance in place before you start shooting ....
    ps great bit of luck 300 acres happy hunting
    I AM NOT A NUMBER ! THE PRISONER

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133002

Actually I was trying to undo some of the harm you might have caused with your sh|te advice. I don't like the idea of anybody on here under the impression (which if you've never been told it might be quite reasonable to have) that it's okay to have a rifle that could easily go over 12FPE.

Haden...sorry you got caught in the crossfire here a bit. Others satisfactorily answered your original question before I posted and I was just giving a bit of friendly advice. Hope you didn't mind I was only trying to help and my posts, not that other chaps's, represents the mainstream responsible opinion on here.

Oh and good point about the insurance by Deadeye!

Born Again Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pierre
    Wow this thread got silly quickly didn't it
    To play devils advocate like, I suspect he said it was doing 12 foot pounds meaning it was a UK legal airgun. He probably has no idea what it's really doing, like the rest of us when we first got into the sport.
    Definately worth investing in a combro though, particulary if you're likely to come into contact with twitchy members of the public while out on your 300 acre shoot. Always better safe than sorry.
    And THAT post, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have post count displayed. Whilst other members bicker amongst themselves Pierre offers sensible advice to a newcomer.

I did try to offer sensible advice.

Then someone posted after me, to a possibly inexperienced shooter "Nah don't worry if it's over 12 FPE mate, they'll never catch yer <wink> <wink>"

...and yeah I probably got a bit pompus, I do that sometimes but I just wanted to avoid someone thinking illegal over powered rifles are okay.

I am a man more sinned against than sinning...altho' given the provenance of that quote perhaps it's not entirely wise

Lets leave it at that then shall we guys?

Weevie - have a good night,

ATB, Dave
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar